Click here for the best
physiotherapy care in Ajax?
click to learn about Ajax physiotherapy
Ajax Best physiotherapist
Are you interested in the best physiotherapy care in Ajax? Then you have come to the right place.
The physiotherapist listed on this page were chosen because they offer the best physiotherapy service in Ajax.
Recommended by clients
Our physiotherapist are trusted service providers that were recommeded by people in the Ajax community.
Meet your Ajax Physiotherapist
At Great Lakes Physiotherapy Centres we adhere to the highest standards, are committed to professional development and evidence based practice according to the most recent research in our field. Baywood Physiotherapy & Athletic Injury Centre, 95 Bayly St.W, Ajax, Suite 102
General information about Ajax physiotherapist?
For Your information
This information was provided to help you learn more about providers fields of expertise.
Who are physiotherapist?
Physiotherapy is the treatment of injury, disease and disorders through physical methods — such as exercise, massage, manipulation and other treatments — over medication and surgery.
Many people may be of the opinion that physiotherapists mainly work with back and sports related injuries, but they would be very mistaken. Our Ajax Physiotherapists are highly trained health professionals who provide treatment for people suffering from physical problems arising from injury, disease, illness and ageing. Their aim is to improve a person’s quality of life by using a variety of treatments to alleviate pain and restore function or, in the case of permanent injury or disease, to lessen the effects of any dysfunction.
Physiotherapy is a form of rehabilitation which focuses on decreasing pain and restoring optimal movement. It begins with a detailed assessment, which helps the physiotherapist and patient discuss options for a treatment plan. In private practice a Ajax physiotherapy services often include a combination of manual therapy and soft tissue techniques, therapeutic exercise, modalities (e.g. ultrasound), and education. In Canada, Physiotherapy is now a professional Master’s program. Following the training, to receive a physical therapy license to practice, candidates must pass both a written and practical national exam. Physiotherapists have extensive training in a variety of areas of healthcare. Where private practice is concerned, this form of rehabilitation focuses largely on the musculoskeletal system.
Ajax physiotherapist care overview
When taking on a new patient, a Ajax physiotherapist will take his/her health history and perform a physical examination. He will then develop a treatment plan tailored to the patient’s needs. Some of the treatments that physiotherapists use are as follows:
- Massage to ease soft tissue pain
- Mobilization or manipulation of joints
- Exercises to strengthen weak areas
- Cold to reduce inflammation
- Heat to increase circulation
- Ultrasound therapy to ease muscle spasms
- Electrical stimulation to help muscles contract that cannot do so effectively on their own
Ajax Physiotherapists do not just work with people after an injury, but can be found working in many fields of specialty.
– help their patients gain endurance in the face of cardiac (heart) or pulmonary (lung) illnesses or after surgery. Sometimes, especially for heart attack patients, the therapist will give advice on health and nutrition. They may also use manual therapies to help clear the lungs in patients with certain lung diseases, such as cystic fibrosis.
– use electrical stimulation and other tactics to promote healing in stubborn wounds such as burns, sores on diabetics, or post-amputation wounds.
– are prepared to deal with the special needs of the elderly and help them continue to maintain as active a lifestyle as possible.
– specialize in patients that could have any one of many neurological illnesses or injuries. This includes Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (CMT), stroke, or injury to the brain or spinal cord. These patients need help with things like coordination, balance, ambulation, muscle strength, or daily living skills.
– are probably what most people think of when they think of physiotherapy. They treat problems with the musculoskeletal system, most often after an injury or orthopaedic surgery. Common therapies include massage, joint manipulation, exercises, heat or cold application, and electrical stimulation.
– are specially trained to meet the needs of children. They treat children with developmental delays, congenital problems, injuries, or illness.
– specialize in working with athletes and their unique needs. The sports therapist helps athletes function at their peak, aids in preventing injuries, and helps athletes return to maximum performance after an injury. Major sports teams usually employ their own physiotherapists.
Women’s Health Physiotherapists
– specialize in women’s health. This specialty helps women recover from such issues as incontinence (usually resulting from pregnancy and childbirth), pelvic pain, or sexual dysfunction that is due to a physical problem.
The above eight specialties are board-certifiable by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties; however physiotherapists certainly are not limited to those eight areas. A physiotherapist may choose to focus on a particular passion or interest and build his or her practice from that point.
For example, a therapist with a passion for horseback riding may choose to pursue education in sports therapy, and then focus their efforts on gaining clients who are also equestrians. The therapist will be able to use his/her own knowledge and expertise in the field to help the clients in a way that a therapist who doesn’t ride might not be able to do.
There are even some physiotherapists who focus on helping musicians, who may develop repetitive use injuries from practicing several hours per day. Any orthopaedic physiotherapist could give the musician exercises and provide treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome or tendonitis, but only one who is also a trained musician could properly advise the client how to modify his playing to avoid further injury. This is just one more example of how a physiotherapist can use his or her areas of expertise and meld that with a career in physiotherapy. Content make possible by https://www.careerexplorer.com/
we can get your business more Clients
Need more customers?
we can Help!
Reach more customers
Are you a top rated service provider looking to get in front of more customers? We are Maxqsoft a GTA marketing company and we can help you reach more customers.
Advertise with us.
If you are a service provider in Ajax who can meet our commitment to excellence feel free to contact us for a sponsorship position on our site. 416 894 7217